Broken links, valid HTML, site verification, metatags or malware issues are critical to the health of your website. Google Webmaster Tools offers a good way to keep your website healthy, with alerts and reports that diagnosis your website. Important information like:
- How frequently the Googlebot crawls your website
- Which of Google’s automatically generated sitelinks should be demoted (if necessary)
- Notification tool to let Google know if you’ve changed your site’s URL
- Crawl Errors that occur when the Googlebot can’t reach certain pages on your site
- Index Status shows you exactly how many pages the Googlebot has indexed on your site
- Malware detection and reinstatement.
And which issues and errors that need to be addressed in order for the search engines to crawl:
- Duplicate content
- Error Pages
- Broken Links
- Poor Link Structure
- Indexable content
WordPress Security Geeks will install and monitor your website health using Google Webmaster Tools. Each month we will run a report, send our recommendations for changes. With your approval, we will then make the changes. Our Geeks spend about an hour a month applying Google Webmaster “Best Practices”.