WP Security Geeks goes the extra step to secure your wordpress website.
We apply best practices:
- We remove the WordPress admin login and apply a difficult login.
- We Generate a Strong Password that is 20 characters.
- We change file permissions to limit access to admin and give lesser user role permissions to others needing access.
- We change the password every 30 days on WordPress Admin, FTP and hosting control panels.
- We install Login LockDown, which records the IP address and timestamp of failed logins and IP blocking against brute force attack.
- We continuously review blacklisted plugins and advise you of the vulnerability.
- We removed unused and outdated plugins, removing themes and pluginss that are unused and inactive.
- We remove versions from being visible. We remove, hide, or limit access files like readme.txt which also display WP version information.
- We use Google Webmaster tools, Sucuri and other tools to monitor your website.
- We monitor server logs and web analytics for changed files.
Note that most website compromises are automated, meaning there is no person sitting at a computer and hacking your website. Automated scripts are constantly probing the internet to hack anything that is vulnerable.
Don’t be a victim, get your website secured and protected with WP Security Geeks.